Here's to six months of blogging...


The sight of these Chinese puppets planted on the golden spikes of the fence adjacent to the Jardin du Palais Royale is in many ways synonymous with six months of blogging about Paris - it has been far more surprising, engaging and gratifying than I could have ever imagined.

Since it's still the wee small hours of the morning and my jet-lagged brain isn't functioning, I'm taking the day off. I'll be blogging from the Boston area for the next couple of weeks and have lots of interesting ideas for posts, including one about the upcoming celebrity chef lecture by Grant Achatz (Alinea) at Harvard.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to go back to sleep. After the sweltering heat in Paris yesterday afternoon, the sounds of rain splattering on the pavement outside of my window is the perfect lullaby.

Comments

  1. Welcome home to America.

    Were the puppets part of a larger demonstration for the founding of the new China? There were celebrations here in Chicago for such on Thursday, with dragons and drums and flag raisings and such. Then the rain began.

    Hey, go to Loche Ober for dinner! My favorite restaurant in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to many more. I am really enjoying your posts and your spirit of adventure. Sorry we never got to meet face to face as I feel we could have been kindred spirits in exploration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph, Thanks! It feels good to be back in the USA.

    I'm not quite sure what the puppets were doing on the fence but I think that they were from a new (?) boutique. I'll have to find out more when I'm back in Paris.

    Thanks for the tip about Loche Ober - I'll try to get there, although I'm going to eat a hot dog with mustard and ketchup (!) first!

    Anne, Reading your blog provokes exactly the same sentiments! "Meeting" kindred spirits like you online is one of the unexpected pleasures of blogging. And kudos for blogging about Paris for 4 years. I really don't know if I'll have the stamina to keep at it for that long. In the meantime, I'm going to celebrate every marker that I reach - 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you're safe in Boston--they like red stuff there. (Soxs).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does that mean that they put mayo on their hot dogs in Chicago? white=White Sox?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment